Classic Credit Card
Get the Best from Bank of Ireland’s Classic Credit Card
Apply online for your Bank of Ireland Classic Credit Card now or call 0818 200 412 during business hours with any questions or concerns about how to apply for your classic credit card.
- No transaction fees - when you use your card to make purchases*.
- Interest free credit - pay your bill in full and on time every month and don’t pay any interest (up to 56 days interest free credit on purchases). Great way to manage cash flow and budget as you can wait until the next pay day and then pay off the balance!**
- Low cost instalment option - spread the cost of larger purchases at a great low rate by taking advantage of our unique credit card Payment Plan. Click here for more information.
- No cash advance fee – when account is in credit. Lodge funds to card before going on holidays and withdraw cash when abroad with no cash advance fee. (Cross border handling fee will apply to non-euro transactions).
- Add up to three additional cardholders to your account and pay just one annual government stamp duty fee.
- Great introductory offers - If you don’t currently hold a credit card with Bank of Ireland, whether you have an account with us or not, and you qualify for a Classic Credit Card, you are eligible to take advantage of Introductory rates on either Purchases or a Balance Transfer. ***
- Emergency Cash – credit cards give you immediate access to funds, vital when something unexpected happens at home or abroad
- Protection – purchases made on a credit card are covered by chargeback rights which protect you in the event of loss or non-receipt of goods / services and in the event of fraudulent activity.
* Cross border handling fee applies to non-euro transactions.
** Providing there is no outstanding balance on account.
*** Post introductory rate, typical Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 19.9% variable including annual Government Stamp Duty of €30. This offer is open to new customers only. Actual saving of €137.42 is calculated based on an average Balance Transfer of €2318.49 and an associated interest accrued based on a Purchase interest rate of 16.124% over the 6 month period, assuming only minimum payments are made. Cost of Credit is €42.45 based on Balance Transfer Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 3.9% fixed for the first 6 months.
Lending criteria terms and conditions apply to all credit cards. Credit cards are liable to Government Stamp Duty of €30. Credit cannot be offered to anyone under 18 years of age. Bank of Ireland is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Rates, Fees and Charges for currently offered Credit Card products.
Download the latest Credit Card Rates, Fees, and Charges here (PDF 440 kb)
Click here for Credit Card Rates for existing products which can no longer be opened by new customers
Representative example of Classic Credit Card purchase at standard interest rate of 16.12% variable. Typical Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 19.9% variable including annual Government Stamp Duty of €30. Assuming purchase of €1,500 repaid in equal instalments over a 12 month period. The total amount repayable by customer is €1,683.76 which includes initial purchase of €1,500 and a total cost of credit of €183.76