Checklist & helpful links
- Passport: Have you checked that it is still valid and when it expires?
- Visas and Employment: Permits Citizens of certain countries need a visa in order to come to work in Ireland. You can find more information here.
- PPS number: You will need a Public Personal Service (PPS) number when you start working to enable you to register with Revenue, the Irish tax authority. You cannot apply for a PPS number before you arrive in Ireland, so make this a priority when you get here. To learn how to apply, click here.
- Important documents: Don’t forget to bring important documents like your birth certificate, marriage certificate, tax certificates, employment records and references, academic records and diplomas.
- Healthcare: Entitlement to public health care will depend on where you’re moving from. You may be entitled to certain services free of charge. You can read more here.
- Medical prescriptions: You may want to refill your regular medical prescriptions before you leave.
- Driving licence: Do you have a valid driving licence or will you need to apply for one? Find out more here.
- Pets: Will you be bringing a pet with you? Here’s what you need to consider.