Your day-to-day banking
Whether you are new to Ireland or you’re returning home, we’ve made it easier for you to open an account.
You may have had a Bank of Ireland account before you moved abroad but haven’t used it for a while. Talk to us today about re-activating that account.
To set up a new account, you will need photo ID and two forms of address verification. Our new document upload tool ensures that you no longer have to meet us in person to have your ID verified. Simply take a colour photo of each document with your mobile phone or tablet. Make sure you meet the following standards:
- All four corners of your ID must be clearly visible. Keep your thumbs and fingers hidden.
- The reference numbers and codes at the bottom of your photo ID must be clear and easily read.
- Please only take colour photos of your identification documents.
- Make sure your photo is of good quality and not blurry.
You can also use electronic bills (e-bills) to verify your address. Make sure that the name on your photographic identification document (e.g. name on your passport) matches exactly the name on your proof of address document (e.g. full name on your gas bill).
Getting set up for 365 online and our mobile banking and tablet banking app is now easier than ever before. We will confirm your identity with three simple security questions relating to you and your account and get your 365 online account set up and activated all in one simple phone call. With 365 online you can add the following features to your personal current account:
- Mobile Banking – giving you access to the most popular 365 online services, securely and directly from your own mobile phone
- Mobile Top Up – top up your mobile phone or a friends at any time1
- eStatements – go paperless with eStatements
- Pay to Mobile – available on the mobile banking app; transfer money to any registered Bank of Ireland account simply by knowing the mobile number of the account holder
- Access to exclusive online savings accounts