- How can I as Parent/ Legal Guardian transfer money into the account? (YSA)
As a parent or legal guardian, what do I need to open a Young Savers account
Opening the account :
Parents / legal guardians can apply for a Young Savers Account in a few minutes by completing an online application form. When you complete this application, you will receive a unique reference number by email which you can bring to any Bank of Ireland branch along with the following documentation detailed below
Child Current Passport or Child Birth Certificate
Parent / Legal Guardian ID (Current Passport or Irish / UK Driving Licence)
Parent / Legal Guardian Address (1 piece of address verification dated
Alternatively, you can complete the application form in your local Bank of Ireland branch and provide the documentation detailed above. If you are a legal guardian of a child and wish to open the account please also provide us with the guardianship document.
- How can the child access their new account? (YSA)
- How do you close the Young Savers Account?
- How often will a statement be issued on the account? (YSA)
- Can the Young Savers Account be registered on 365? (YSA)
How will the child and the parent / legal guardian receive the new account details? (YSA)
The child named on the Young Savers Account opening request will receive details of their new account by post, this will be sent to the address provided on the application. In addition, the parent /legal guardian opening the account on behalf of the child will receive an SMS detailing the new account IBAN and BIC.
- Will my child receive a Visa debit card? (YSA)
- Does the Young Savers account have any fees or charges?