To apply for a credit card you must be 18 years of age or over. We apply lending criteria when you apply for a Credit Card and we decide to approve applications for Credit Cards based on them. If we approve a Credit Card for you, terms and conditions will apply but we will make sure you have these before you commit to the facility.
Some important information to be aware of:
- APR: This stands for Annual Percentage Rate which is the annual rate of interest you will be charged on a credit card. It takes account of all the costs involved for the card, such as annual fees and the interest rate.
- All rates quoted for credit cards are variable except for introductory rates and balance transfer rates which are fixed for the period of time specified.
Introductory offers apply to new customers only.
- Balance transfers may not be made from existing Bank of Ireland credit cards or from credit cards outside the Republic of Ireland or United Kingdom.
- The balance transfer rate is available for a maximum period of 6 months from the date of account opening (12 months for Platinum Advantage). Customers who do not provide details of a balance to be transferred will automatically receive 0% APR on purchases for a period of 6 months from the date of account opening.
- After 6 months (12 months for Platinum Advantage) the fixed rate of 3.9% APR fixed on balance transfers reverts to the standard variable rate applicable to your card.
- After 6 months from the date of account opening 0% APR on purchases reverts to the standard variable rate applicable to your card and the standard variable rate will apply to the balance outstanding at that time.
- Credit Cards are liable to Government Stamp duty, currently €30 per account
- All information and rates quoted are effective as at 18th December 2012 and are subject to change.
- All Credit Card applicants must be resident in the Republic of Ireland at the time of application
- The Principal Cardholder remains solely liable for all charges incurred by the additional cardholders.
Useful LinksBank of Ireland Credit Cards
Classic Credit Card
Platinum Credit Card
Affinity Credit Card
Student Credit Card