COVID-19 Three-Month Mortgage Protection Payment Waiver
If you’re taking a 3-month mortgage payment break, you can also take a 3-month mortgage protection waiver as long as you have a non-unit linked mortgage protection policy with Bank of Ireland or New Ireland Assurance. During this time your cover will remain in place and you will not have to repay these premiums at any stage in the future.
Payment waiver criteria
We are delighted to offer this mortgage protection payment waiver to customers who meet the following criteria:
- You have a non-unit linked mortgage protection or term assurance policy assigned to a mortgage;
- You’re paying your mortgage protection premium monthly by direct debit. Please note, if you are not paying your mortgage protection premiums by direct debit, we still have payment options for you. Please contact us for more information.
- You’ve been granted a mortgage payment break from your lender and can provide evidence of this;
- Your policy must be in force on or before the 1st of March 2020.
- Your mortgage protection policy is with Bank of Ireland Life or New Ireland Assurance.
Extended mortgage protection payment waiver
- We are pleased to inform you that if you have been granted a further payment break on your mortgage by your lender, we will also waive your mortgage protection payments for a further three months. This means that you could have your mortgage protection payments waived for a total of six months and you will not be required to repay your premiums at a later date.
This Mortgage Protection offer has been extended until the 30th of September 2020.
Bank of Ireland Life reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time