We can help people who want to change the name and gender on their Bank of Ireland accounts.
About you and your situation
- Do you want to open an account in your new name and/or gender, have a gender recognition certificate or deed poll, but all your existing identification is in your birth name?
- Do you want to change your name and/or gender on your existing account, have a gender recognition certificate or deed poll, but all your existing identification is in your birth name?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, we can support you.
How we can help
We understand that for many people a name change can be an affirming step on the transition journey and we are committed to helping you change your accounts to your chosen name and gender.
How to get support
1. Get in touch with us to let us know how we can help:
2. Bring your gender recognition certificate and/or deed poll into a branch:
- Bring in your photo ID and your proof of address in your birth name along with your gender recognition certificate and/or your deed poll
- They can review your gender recognition certificate and/or deed poll to check we have everything we need to change your name on your account(s).
3. Our team will start the process of changing your details:
- They will make sure that the changes you want to make to your account are done according to your gender recognition certificate and/or deed poll
- They will let you know when everything has been changed.
- You can then order a new card in your new name, if you wish
Find out more
- Transgender Equality Network Ireland has a wealth of resources for trans people.