The information we collect
As you browse through Bank of Ireland Mobile Banking and Bank of Ireland Tablet Banking, our web server collects information about your visit, not about you personally. We gather and monitor statistics such as:
- the number of people who visit the apps / website
- the date and time of visits
- the number of pages viewed
- the amount of time spent on the apps / website
- the most popular sections of the apps /website
- the approximate location of visitors
All information provided to us by you will be treated with the utmost confidentiality in accordance with all applicable legislative and regulatory standards. If you ever decide that you no longer wish us to keep or use information or you want the information to be revised or updated, please feel free to contact us. We will remove or amend the information as appropriate in accordance with applicable legislative and regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of information
Bank of Ireland Mobile Banking and Bank of Ireland Tablet Banking will not divulge customer information to a third party unless we have received customer authorisation OR we are required to do so by law.
Security of information
At Bank of Ireland Group, we understand how important the security and confidentiality of your information is to you. Keeping customer information secure is a top priority for Bank of Ireland Group. Our goal is to protect your information on the Internet in the same way as we would over the phone, in a branch or at an ATM. Even so, Bank of Ireland Group cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of information relating to you passing over the Internet.
In accessing Bank of Ireland Mobile Banking or Bank of Ireland Tablet Banking and in availing of any of the services/information available, you accept and are deemed to accept that electronic mail messaging, SMS and Internet communication may not be free from interference by third parties and may not remain confidential. The use by you of Bank of Ireland Mobile Banking or Bank of Ireland Tablet Banking is at your sole risk.
A number of banking organisations and their customers have recently been the target of hoax e-mails that are aimed at gathering Internet/account details of the customers. Some of these hoax e-mails have encouraged or facilitated contact with hoax websites or apps that purport to be (but are not) related to the relevant banking organisation. To date the occurrence of such online fraud has not been extensive. However, we would always advise you to be cautious as regards disclosing your personal details. The Bank of Ireland Mobile Banking and Bank of Ireland Tablet Banking Apps will only ever be available to download from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Some of the pages on this Website contain hypertext links to websites not maintained by Bank of Ireland Group. You are reminded that different terms and conditions of use will apply to you as a user of such websites. In addition such websites may not attain the same privacy standards that Bank of Ireland Group maintains.
What you can do to protect yourself – tips and best practices
- Never reveal your Bank of Ireland login credentials to anyone. After your initial registration we will never contact you to request your security credentials (PIN and other login details) and we will not ask anyone else to do so on our behalf. If you receive such a request you must not supply your security credentials in any circumstances, and should report such activity to us immediately.
- Only download Bank of Ireland Apps from official sources (i.e. Apple App Store and Google Play)
- Lock your phone or tablet keypad when inactive
- Always logout when you are finished using the service
- Monitor your accounts and credit card account and your list of online payees on a regular basis to ensure everything is in order. One of the best ways to detect fraudulent activity quickly is by examining your account activity regularly. Check for suspicious money transfers, payments or unauthorised access. If you do find anything suspicious, Report it.