Whether you’ve just put a bid on your first home or you’re searching for a better renewal price, find out what our Home Insurance policy can offer you.
Why choose Bank of Ireland Home Insurance?
- You can pay annually or monthly by Direct Debit free of charge or by Credit / Debit Card
- Comprehensive Buildings and Contents Cover
- Tailored Options (Accidental Damage, Excess, All Risks)
- An easy claims process with over 98% of claims covered
- 24 Hour Emergency Help Line
Guarantee to Beat Offer
It’s simple. We will save you at least €50 on your Home Insurance policy renewal.
This offer applies to new Bank of Ireland Home Insurance customers buying a Building and Contents insurance policy for owner-occupied or buy-to-let properties.
Written proof of your current renewal offer, showing like-for-like cover, is required. If we can’t beat your existing renewal, on a like-for-like basis, the difference plus €50 will be paid back to you within 60 days of your policy start date.
Minimum premium of €210 (inclusive of 5% government levy) applies.
This offer, which ends on the 31st December 2019, is available to new customers, for the first year only and is not available in conjunction with any other offer.
To find out more about Requesting a Call Back, Making a Claim, or the Home Insurance Renewal Form, click here.
- Key features and restrictions
- Our buildings insurance doesn’t just cover the structure of your home, but also provides protection for your permanent fixtures as well – from bathroom units to the kitchen sink
- Our contents insurance covers all household goods kept within the home, such as your clothes, books and furniture
- The Contents Sum Insured is automatically increased by 10% at no extra cost during the months of December and January for Christmas Gifts and for one month either side of a wedding in your Household.
- We provide a 24 hour emergency helpline
- Our claims process is quick, simple and hassle-free
- Accidental Damage: Your policy automatically includes Accidental Damage cover on buildings. You can also choose to include accidental damage on contents to protect you against accidents caused by mishaps such as a spillage on your carpet or an ornament being knocked off a shelf.
- Unspecified All Risks: We can provide cover for loss or damage to your personal possessions both inside and outside your home e.g. if you have your camera stolen on holidays
- Policy Excess: Our minimum standard excess is just €250, which means you will pay the first €250 of a claim. You can also choose to select a higher excess in return for a reduction in our standard rates.
- Free Instalment plan. You can pay annually or monthly by Direct Debit free of charge or by Credit / Debit Card.
You can choose to select cover alterations in any combination of the following:
- Accidental Damage cover on contents
- Unspecified All Risks cover – We can provide cover for loss or damage to your personal possessions both inside and outside your home e.g. stolen camera
- Increase your minimum standard Policy Excess from €250 to €500, €750 or €1,000 Our home insurance cover aims to make you feel comfortable and secure in your house at all times. Our experts are leaders in home insurance in Ireland, and can tailor a policy to suit you, call in or contact us today.
- Terms and Conditions