Get two quotes in 5 minutes, here’s how:
Step 1: Simply click ‘get a quote’.
Step 2: Complete a home insurance quote in less than 5 minutes.
Step 3: You will be provided with two competitive options to choose from both will give you the same features and benefits – just a different price.
Step 4: Choose the right price option for you.
We offer one of the most comprehensive insurance policies in the market.
- Up to 30% Discount for existing customers1
- Accidental damage on buildings as standard
- 91.1% of customers who insure with us stay with us 3
- Flexible Payment Options: pay monthly by direct debit or by credit/debit card at no additional cost
- No Admin Fees: we do not charge admin fees for mid term policy changes, or cancellations
- Home Emergency Assist: if you need emergency repair (i.e. pipes, locks, windows, roof repair) – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year provided by Mapfre Assistance Agency
- Alternative accommodation if your home is uninhabitable following an insured cause (i.e. flood, storm, fire damage)
Additional cover available:
- Home Office cover – Business equipment up to €4000
- Fridge/Freezer contents up to €2000
- Personal possession cover (loss or damage to your jewellery, sports equipment, bikes, phones/laptops)
Download our Digital Insurance Wallet onto your mobile, tablet or desktop device to:
- Apply for home insurance in minutes from your device
- Access key contact numbers from the wallet when you need them
Get the cover that suits your needs at the best possible value. When completing a quote, please consider optional extras such as cover for belongings outside the home (Specified Valuables). Please also consider what discounts you could be eligible for such as for being a Bank of Ireland Existing Customer. Increasing your excess may also decrease your overall premium.
Emergencies can strike at any time and can come in all sorts of different forms. Having an emergency contingency plan in place is one example of how to mitigate the effects of an emergency situation. Bank of Ireland Home Insurance comes with 24 hour Emergency Home Assist as standard for owner occupiers which covers anything from a leak to a broken door lock for piece of mind when an emergency strikes.
Knowing how to value your property (both buildings and contents) is key when taking out a Home Insurance Policy, Just 2 in 5 people are confident in calculating the value of their home4. In order to get a good estimation of what it may cost to rebuild your home, please see this useful website: House Rebuild Calculator – Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland (scsi.ie). When valuing your contents, don’t just think about electronics or Items of value such as jewellery but also all of the furniture, appliances and other items necessary for living in a home.
Taking extra precaution when securing your home can keep your home insurance premium down in certain instances (such as by getting a PRSA registered installer to install an alarm). Using good quality door and window locks to secure the premises may also act as a deterrent, thus reducing the likelihood of making a claim.
- Breakdown/rescue cover
- Free instalment plan
- Windscreen breakage cover
- Different levels of cover
- Single or Multi-trip options
- Cancellation options
Types of Life Insurance
- Life cover
- Specified illness cover
- Income protection cover
Managing your insurance
Your insurance documents will be sent to you via your chosen method (email/post). Please keep these in a safe place as they are useful to refer to should you need further information about your policy.
Have you registered for your Digital Insurance Wallet yet?
Register for the Digital Insurance Wallet. You can also use your wallet to get quotes for car and travel insurance and take advantage of a range of discounts.
If you haven’t already registered for the Digital Insurance Wallet, you can do so by visiting Bank of Ireland Insurance. You can also use your insurance digital wallet to get quotes for car and travel insurance and take advantage of a range of discounts.
Already registered? Login
Forgot your password?
How to make a claim or if you have further queries on your policy
Use the options below to contact us about your claim or policy:
For Policies Underwritten by RSA:
Line Opening Hours:
Mon – Fri: 9am-6pm
Press option 4 for claims
Bank Of Ireland Insurance Services (A)
P.O Box 13474
24 Hour Emergency Assistance:
Call 1800 213111
For Policies underwritten by FBD:
Up to 30% off standard RSA rates based on the below discounts. Max discount of 27.4% off standard FBD rates based on the below discounts being applied on a reducing balance basis.
- 15% discount where you are an existing Bank of Ireland customer.
- 10% discount where you hold one of the following products - BOI Mortgage, BOI Car Loan, New Ireland Savings or Pension policy
- 5% discount where you hold a current Car Insurance Policy through Bank of Ireland Insurance Services.
Illustrative examples where full discount is applied:
- RSA: Full premium x (30% discount) = discounted premium.
- FBD based on a reducing balance basis: Full premium x (15% discount) x (10% discount) x (5% discount) = discounted premium.
(Real quotes offered may be subject to rounding.)
Underwriting, terms and conditions apply. Home Insurance is arranged by Bank of Ireland Insurance Services and underwritten by RSA Insurance Ireland DAC or FBD Insurance plc. Bank of Ireland Insurance Services Limited trading as Bank of Ireland Insurance and Bank of Ireland Insurance is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
A member of the Bank of Ireland Group. RSA Insurance Ireland DAC trading as RSA Insurance is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. FBD Insurance PLC is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.