Features & Benefits
If you are a full time 3rd level student studying for an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification, you can apply for our friendliest 3rd Level Current Account* here in just 6 minutes.
With a 3rd Level Account, there are no fees for maintaining the account and no individual charges for a range of current account transactions and services. There are a small number of services that you may be charged for, such as using your debit card for transactions in a foreign currency – see here for more details
- Bio-sourced Visa Debit Card - made from 84% corn and takes just six months to break down when you are done, unlike its plastic equivalent which can take around 450 years to decompose
- Apply for an account from your smartphone in 6 minutes – all you need is your passport and proof of address
- Add your card to your smartphones digital wallet and start paying online and instore with your smartphone
Mobile banking – change address, manage statements, transfer money to friends, add, amend or cancel standing orders and cancel direct debits
- Control your cards at your fingertips: We’ve introduced new features to Banking 365 for your credit and debit cards. You can freeze and unfreeze your card, view the card PIN, order a replacement and much more. See all our new card features here.
Access to a comprehensive ATM and Branch network
Make foreign currency (FX) payments: You can send money to friends or family, pay for overseas tuition fees and pay for property or cars abroad (subject to limits) see here for more details.
- Instant Access Demand Account: use Instant Access Demand accounts to set aside and separate money into “Money Pots” online. A great way to manage your day-to-day spending such as – save excess money, ringfence or pool money for rent or bills, save for a short-term goal or treat. Money pots give you more flexibility to manage your day-to-day finances by making sure you stay in control of where your money goes. Click here for more information on how to open Instant Access Demand accounts.