Features & Benefits
If you’re aged 14 or over you’ll get …
Your very own Visa Debit card
Once your 2nd Level current account is open, you’ll get your Visa Debit card. It’s such a smart, quick and easy way to pay. Put your pocket money or anything you earn from your part time job into your 2nd Level current account and use your Visa Debit card:
- Change the way you pay. Google Pay is now available on android devices: Click here to find out how you can make quick, easy and contactless payments using your phone.
- To pay for online shopping
- Instead of carrying cash around
- When away on trips abroad (there may be charges if you use your Visa Debit card abroad)
- To withdraw cash from an ATM
No fees for daily transactions
As a 2nd Level student you won’t pay fees on day-to-day current account transactions like:
- Visa Debit transactions in euro
- Debit/Credit transactions on your account using 365 online, mobile or phone banking
Access to online**, mobile and phone banking
If you’re aged 14 or over, once your 2nd Level current account is open you can download the Banking 365 app to your smartphone and check your account balance, transactions and access other useful services when you’re on the go. Just call 1800 946 156 to register.***
If you’re aged under 14 you’ll get …
Your very own 2nd level current account with your Visa Debit card BUT you’ll need your parent/legal guardians consent to apply for the account and you’ll need to complete the application for the account in your local branch. See How to Apply for details of what you need to open an account if you’re under 14. As well as your Visa Debit card, you’ll also have access to mobile and phone banking. But not online banking just yet we’re afraid.
* There may be charges for using your Visa Debit card abroad, so please check our
Schedule of Fees & Charges.
**Online banking is not available to students under the age of 14
*** There are terms and conditions for 365 online, phone and mobile banking, available on www.bankofireland.com.Apply Online Now