Lump Sum Savings Account
At particular times in your life you may find that you have a sum of money you can put away. It could be a lump sum received through inheritance, retirement or even from savings built up over the years. One option for such a lump sum deposit is a Fixed Term Deposit Account. It offers security for your money with a fixed rate of interest.
Features of the Advantage Fixed Term Deposit Account
- Apply online in minutes
- Term(s) available: 6, 12 and 24 Months
- Fixed rate of interest. Annual Equivalent Rates (AER) are quoted based on a 365 day calendar year
- Interest is subject to Deposit Interest Retention Tax at the prevailing rate
- Interest paid at the maturity of the account
- Single lodgement only. Apart from the initial lodgement you cannot make other payments to the account
- Minimum lodgement €5,000, no maximum lodgement
- Withdrawal of 10% access permitted during the term
- Available to new and existing personal funds to the Bank of Ireland Group
|Advantage||Fixed Term Return (interest paid at maturity)||AER Fixed|
|6 Month 10% access||0.74%||1.51%|
|12 Month 10% access||1.99%||2.00%|
|24 Month 10% access||3.98%||1.98%|
*Annual Equivalent Rates (AERs) are quoted on a 365 days calendar. Terms are calculated in weeks. Interest is subject to Deposit Interest Retention Tax at the prevailing rate.
We will contact you before the end of the term to advise you of your maturity date and invite you to discuss your savings options with one of our Advisers. At the end of the term, if we have not received instructions from you, the full balance in the account will be re-deposited in our Variable Rate Call account at the prevailing variable interest rate.