Why choose Bank of Ireland Insurance?
At Bank of Ireland Insurance we offer flexible car insurance that allows you to pick the cover that suits your budget and your individual needs.
Our digital insurance platform allows you to do the following:
Get a Quote
- Apply for a car insurance product in a few minutes from your device
- Select some or all of the optional features available and apply to take out insurance policies
- Upload supporting documents such as identification documents or proof of no claims bonus
- Access key insurance policy documents from the platform 24/7
- Pay your Direct Debit monthly at no additional cost or by Credit / Debit Card
- Choose either Popular or Prestige products and upgrade your level of comprehensive cover through optional extras, which could include additional protection for child seats, satnavs and even decontamination if you fill your car with the wrong fuel
- Get up to 35% off your car insurance quote and pay monthly at no extra cost, for all policies taken out before 31st of December 2019.
Click on the product tabs to find out more about the features and benefits of these products.
With Popular car insurance, choose from either Third Party Fire & Theft or Comprehensive covers, both of which include these benefits as standard:
- Breakdown/Rescue in Ireland -a 24 hour emergency assistance service in your time of need
- Driving of Other Cars – provides Third Party cover for the policyholder to drive other cars
- Audio cover – unlimited cover for permanently fitted audio equipment
- EU Cover – the cover you’ve bought applies in the EU for up to 45 days
- Fire Brigade: payment of charges for which you’re legally liable, up to €1,500
- Windscreen Breakage (Comprehensive) and cover is unlimited if you use approved repairers
- A quick, simple and hassle-free claims process
Prestige car insurance has all of the Popular features, plus these extra benefits as standard:
- No Claims Discount (NCD) Protection (Step-back) – Partially protect your NCD in the event of a single loss in the year
- New Car Replacement – Your car will be replaced with a new one if it’s damaged beyond economical repair (provided that it’s less than 12 months old and you bought it new)
- Personal Belongings – Up to €500 for the loss of personal effects in your car
- Replacement Locks – Up to €1,000 to replace locks if your keys are stolen from your home
- Car Hire – Up to €200 for a replacement car if yours is off the road due to an event covered by this policy
- Incorrect Fuel – Up to €750 to decontaminate your engine if you fill it with the wrong fuel
- Personal Protection – €6,500 is payable in the event that you/your spouse dies or sustains certain injuries in a car
- Customise your cover further by adding extra protections such as:
- Additional Protection Plus – Increased benefits are provided for Car Hire (€500), Personal Belongings (€1,000) and Replacement Locks (€1,500). Cover is also given for sat navs./games consoles (€1,000), child seats (replacement costs), a top-up of €1,500 in the event of a total loss and comprehensive Driving of Other Cars (cars up to 2,500 cc and €50,000 in value)
- No Claims Discount (NCD) Protection (Full) – Fully protect your NCD in the event of a single loss in the year
- Personal Protection Plus – €23,500 is payable in the event that you/your spouse dies or sustains certain injuries in a car
Underwriting, terms and conditions apply. Car Insurance is arranged by Bank of Ireland Insurance Services and underwritten exclusively by RSA Insurance Ireland DAC. Bank of Ireland Insurance Services Limited trading as Bank of Ireland Insurance and Bank of Ireland Insurance Services is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A member of the Bank of Ireland Group. RSA Insurance Ireland DAC is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.