Features & Benefits
What you get with a Basic Bank Account:
- Online banking, Mobile banking and Telephone banking – bank whenever you want, wherever you want
- Visa Debit Card
- Bank statements and transaction history – see your account balances, bank statements (eStatements) and transaction history with 365 Online
- Access to Ireland’s largest ATM and Branch network
- Quick and easy ways to pay bills and other payments – Top up your mobile phone, pay your utility bills by direct debit, set up standing orders
Register for Online Banking with 365 Online and you can add the following features to your Basic Bank account:
- Mobile Banking – giving you access to the most popular 365 online services, securely and directly from your own mobile phone.
- Mobile Top Up – top up your mobile phone or a friends at any time.
- eStatements – go paperless with eStatements.
- Pay to Mobile – available on the mobile banking app; transfer money to any registered Bank of Ireland account simply by knowing the mobile number of the account holder.
- Access to exclusive online savings accounts – open a savings account in minutes
In order to qualify for a Basic Bank Account the following criteria applies:
- Customers must be over the age of 18
- Customers must be legally resident in the European Union (EU)
- Customers must not already hold a personal payment account or current account with any bank in the Republic of Ireland (you will be asked to sign a declaration provided by us to confirm this)
With the Basic Bank Account, there is
- No cheque book provided
- No overdraft facility
- Only one account can be held per customer