Apple Pay is now available to Bank of Ireland customers1 on Apple devices.
Add your debit or personal credit card to your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad or Mac and make quick, easy and contactless payments. You can use Apple Pay for in-app purchases and on the web too. It’s a safe and secure way to pay
Features & Benefits
Apple Pay take the hassle out of paying for goods or services, allowing you to make quick, easy and contactless payments by holding your device near a card reader. You can also pay for goods and services in apps or online using your Apple Pay.
- No need to have your physical card, wallet or bag on you to make payments when you’re out and about. You just need the Apple devices you use every day.
- It keeps you from having to touch physical buttons or exchange cash when you’re out getting what you need.
- You can store your Bank of Ireland cards in Apple Wallet, including personal credit cards and all of your debit cards (including cards for joint accounts and business accounts) so no need to rely on multiple plastics. (Please note that Bank of Ireland commercial credit cards and all credit cards for UK customers cannot be stored within Apple Pay at present).
- You can use Apple Pay to pay for goods and services online. No need to remember or find your card details, or share these with merchants.
- There is no upper limit, so you are not restricted to the current contactless payment limit (transactions over €50 may not be supported by some merchant terminals).
- If you lose your card you can still use your device for payment. Your credit card details will be automatically updated once you report your card as lost or stolen and your debit card will be updated in 2 business days. You will not be able to use your debit card on Apple Pay until it has been updated.
- You can use Apple Pay wherever you see the Apple Pay logo, or contactless payment symbol