Features & Benefits
With the Platinum Credit Card you get:
- Control your cards at your fingertips: We’ve introduced new features to Banking 365 for your credit and debit cards. You can freeze and unfreeze your card, view the card PIN, order a replacement and much more. See all our new card features here.
- Mobile payments are now available: You can make quick, easy and contactless payments using your phone/ devices. Click here to find out more about Apple Pay and click here for Google Pay.
- No transaction fees: Pay no transaction fees when you use your credit card to pay for goods and services. Cross border handling fees apply to non-Euro transactions.
- Interest free credit: Pay your bill in full and on time every month and don’t pay any interest on purchases. Enjoy up to 56 days interest free credit on what you buy. Interest is charged on cash advances and outstanding balances.
- 24 Hour approval:3 and get your card within 1 week.
- Lowest interest rate card: Our lowest interest rate credit card.
- Free Travel Insurance:4 Comprehensive multi-trip travel insurance including winter sports when at least 50% of the total trip fare (transportation cost) of your insured journey is paid using your card.
- Low cost instalment option: Spread the cost of larger purchases at a great low rate by taking advantage of our unique credit card Instalment Plan. Click here for more information.
- Free Additional Cardholders: Add up to 3 additional cardholders and still pay government stamp duty only once. Click here to apply now.
- Emergency Cash Service: Should you lose your card while abroad, we’ll cancel your card. If you are abroad we can provide you with an Emergency Cash Advance Facility in most countries (Subject to available credit, fees and charges may apply).
- Paying with Contactless: Contactless payments allows you to make purchases up to the value of €505 at home and abroad by simply tapping your card on the reader.
- Exclusive offers and experiences: As a Bank of Ireland MasterCard customer, you will get access to exclusive experiences, offers and benefits in Ireland or when exploring other destinations abroad with MasterCard Priceless Cities at www.priceless.com.
It only takes a couple of minutes to complete the online application.Apply Online Now
Lending criteria terms and conditions apply to all credit cards. Representative example of Platinum credit card purchase at standard interest rate of 13.79% variable. Typical Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 19.6% variable including annual Government Stamp Duty of €30 and an Annual Charge of €76.18. Assuming purchase of €5,000 repaid in equal instalments over a 12 month period. The total amount repayable by customer is €5,479.71 which includes initial purchase of €5,000 and a total cost of credit of €479.71.