UK customers, please click here for details.
Google Pay is now available to Bank of Ireland customers* on all Android devices.
Add your debit or personal credit card to the digital wallet on your smartphone or tablet and make quick, easy and contactless payments using your phone.
*Note – This service not available to Bank of Ireland commercial credit card holders at this time.
Features & Benefits
Digital wallets take the hassle out of paying for goods or services, allowing you to make quick, easy and contactless payments by holding your device near a card reader. You can also pay for goods and services in apps or online using your digital wallet.
- No need to have your physical card, wallet or bag on you to make payments when you’re out and about. You just need your Android smartphone.
- You can store your Bank of Ireland cards in your digital wallet, including personal credit cards and all of your debit cards (including cards for joint accounts and business accounts) so no need to rely on multiple plastics. (Please note that Bank of Ireland commercial credit cards and all credit cards for UK customers cannot be stored within Digital Wallets at present).
- You can use your digital wallet to pay for goods and services online. No need to remember or find your card details.
- There is no upper limit, so you are not restricted to the current contactless payment limit (transactions over €50 may not be supported by some merchant terminals).
- If you lose your card you can still use your phone for payment. Your credit card details will be automatically updated once you report your card as lost or stolen and your debit card will be updated in 2 business days. You will not be able to use your debit card on your Google Pay app until it has been updated.
You can use you digital wallet wherever you see the Google Pay symbol, or contactless payment sign