Features and Benefits
Open an Instant Access Demand account – The simplest way to save.
Features of an Instant Access Demand money pot:
- Suitable for immediate access or short term savings.
- Interest rate is Variable
- Minimum lodgement €1, no maximum.
- Cash and Cheque Lodgements also available in An Post with a personalised lodgement book.
- Cash and bank draft withdrawals in branch.
- If you are an existing Bank of Ireland Current Account customer you can create and move money between separate Money Pots and your current account by adding your accounts to your 365 Online profile and renaming them depending on the purpose e.g. Rent, Bills, Pocket Money. Access money instantly, 365 days a year 24/7 or withdraw in cash or bank draft in branch. You won’t be able to use your money pots for payments or withdrawals with your debit card, however, this can be done through your current account. This means that you won’t accidentally spend what you set aside in your pots until you are ready to spend it.
To be eligible you must:
- Be an existing Bank of Ireland current account holder to apply online. Otherwise you can apply in any BOI branch.
- Be an existing Bank of Ireland current account holder to use the account as a Money Pot alongside your Bank of Ireland Current Account.
What you will need to open an Instant Access Demand account online:
- If opening a joint account online, both of you must have a Bank of Ireland personal current account.
- You will need your current account visa debit card or account details to hand. You will also be prompted for your PPSN and to attach evidence of it, if you don’t have this during the application you can provide in branch at a later date at your own convenience
- Customers who do not have a Bank of Ireland personal current account should contact their local Bank of Ireland branch. Apply Online Now