Features & Benefits
- With a Golden Years Account, there are no fees for maintaining the account and no individual charges for a range of current account transactions and services. There are a small number of services that you may be charged for, such as using your debit card for transactions in a foreign currency – see here for more details
- Mobile payments are now available: You can make quick, easy and contactless payments using your phone/devices. Click here to find out more about Apple Pay and click here for Google Pay.
Debit card with contactless payments - make purchases in seconds at home and abroad by simply tapping your card on the reader
Manage your money with an overdraft
Access to a comprehensive ATM and Branch network
Bank statements and transaction history - see your account balances, bank statements (e-statements) and transaction history with 365 Online
Make foreign currency (FX) payments: You can send money to friends or family, pay for overseas tuition fees and pay for property or cars abroad (subject to limits) see here for more details.
Register for Online Banking with 365 Online and you can add the following features to your Golden Years current account:
- Mobile banking– giving you access to the most popular 365 online services, securely and directly from your own mobile phone
- Control your cards at your fingertips: We’ve introduced new features to Banking 365 for your credit and debit cards. You can freeze and unfreeze your card, view the card PIN, order a replacement and much more. See all our new card features here.
- Mobile Top Up – top up your mobile phone or a friends at any time
- eStatements – go paperless with eStatements
- Pay to Mobile– available on the mobile banking app; transfer money to any registered Bank of Ireland account simply by knowing the mobile number of the account holder.
- Access to exclusive online savings accounts– open a savings account in minutes