Features & Benefits
When you’re travelling it’s always a good idea to have access to extra funds for flights, accommodation, extra spending money or emergencies. That’s where a student credit card can come in handy, and with our fantastic introductory offer you’ll pay 0% fixed interest on purchases for the first 6 months.
Graduates can avail of the Student Credit Card for 2 years after graduation. Click here to apply now.
To apply for a student credit card, you must:
- Be over 18
- Provide proof you are attending a full time course or are a recent graduate
- Be an existing Bank of Ireland customer with a student current account or a graduate current account with Bank of Ireland for at least 6 months
With the Student Credit Card you get
- Control your cards at your fingertips: We’ve introduced new features to Banking 365 for your credit and debit cards. You can freeze and unfreeze your card, view the card PIN, order a replacement and much more. See all our new card features here.
- Mobile payments are now available: You can make quick, easy and contactless payments using your phone/ devices. Click here to find out more about Apple Pay and click here for Google Pay.
- No transaction fees: Pay no transaction fees when you use your credit card to pay for goods and services. Cross border handling fees apply to non-Euro transactions.
- Up to €1,000 credit limit: Gives you an immediate credit limit of €500 in your first or second year of full time study and up to €1,000 if you’re in third year or above of full time study.
- No annual account fee:1 No hidden fees or charges.
- 0% fixed interest on purchases: For the first 6 months2.
- 24 hour approval:3 Get a credit card approved within 24 hours and receive your credit card within 1 week.
- Free travel insurance: Free worldwide multi-trip travel insurance feature.
- Emergency Cash Service: Should you lose your card while abroad, we’ll cancel your card. If you are abroad we can provide you with an Emergency Cash Advance Facility in most countries. (Subject to available credit, fees and charges may apply.)
- Paying with Contactless: Contactless payments allows you to make purchases up to the value of €504 at home and abroad by simply tapping your card on the reader.
- Exclusive offers and experiences: As a Bank of Ireland MasterCard customer, you will get access to exclusive experiences, offers and benefits in Ireland or when exploring other destinations abroad with MasterCard Priceless Cities at www.priceless.com
- No interest is charged on your Credit Card Account provided you pay your bill in full by the payment due date.
- Choose your own monthly repayment amount (minimum of 2.5% or €5, whichever is the greater).
It only takes a couple of minutes to complete the online application.Apply Online Now
Lending criteria terms and conditions apply to all credit cards.