High Value Mortgage Fixed Interest Rate
Is your customer borrowing €400,000 or more for their homeowner mortgage? If so, they can choose our High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate.
This is a five-year fixed rate of 2.5% (APRC from 3.3%). Once the five year fixed rate ends your customer will be able to choose from our normal interest rate options available to existing customers.
If your customer chooses our High Value mortgage fixed rate, they won’t get a cashback offer. They might find that our High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate suits them better than a standard fixed rate with our cashback offer. Use the new Cost of Credit calculator to compare these.
If your customer is buying or building a property with a Building Energy Rating (BER) A3 or better they may also qualify for an additional rate discount – the Green Mortgage fixed interest rate.
High Value Mortgage Fixed Interest Rate – Terms and Conditions
- The High Value mortgage fixed interest rate is a five-year fixed rate of 2.5% (APRC from 3.3%).
- The 2% Cashback and Cashback PLUS offers are NOT AVAILABLE with the High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate.
- The High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate is available to you if you:
- are buying or building a property to live in as your home or are switching your mortgage loan to the Bank of Ireland Group from another mortgage lender outside our Group, AND
- are borrowing €400,000 or more, AND
- draw down your new mortgage loan between 18 July 2019 and 30 June 2020.
- The High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate is only available as an initial five-year fixed rate. It is not available with any other fixed rate option or with any of our variable rates.
- The High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate will apply to the five-year period that begins on the date the loan is drawn down (or on the date of first drawdown if the drawdown is in stages). Our standard interest rate options will apply at the end of that initial five-year fixed rate period.
- Full terms and conditions of your mortgage loan will be in your mortgage loan documentation including your Letter of Offer except that it will refer you to the dates for drawdown that we have set out above (so you need to take careful note of them and to bring them to the attention of your solicitor or builder if necessary).
- The High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate is not available to buy, build or up-grade a residential property where you do not intend that that you, your family or your dependents will live in it as your (or their) principle residence, for example, the rate is not available where you intend to rent the property or use it as a holiday home rather than a principle residence.
- If you draw down your mortgage loan in stages (e.g. for a self-build), the first drawdown must be made between 18 July 2019 and 30 June 2020 to qualify for the High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate.
- We reserve the right to withdraw the High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate at any time at our discretion. If we withdraw the High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate before 30 June 2020, we will notify the public of this by putting an advertisement on our website and in at least one national newspaper.