Make it real
and borrow €20,000 for less than €395 a month over 5 years 1
If you are upgrading your homes energy efficiency you may be able to avail of a lower interest rate with our Green home improvement loan.
Please visit our Green Home Improvement loan page for details on how to apply here
(Please be aware that the Green Home Improvement loan cannot be applied for online)4
- Variable rates from 6.8% APR1
- Amounts from €2,000 – €65,000
- Loan terms from 1 to 7 years
- Flexible repayment options – clear your loan early and pay less interest
- Option to defer first 3 months’ repayments2
- No need to hold any savings against your loan
- Apply online in 15 minutes3 (existing BoI current account holders) by phone or in branch
To see which rates apply to your needs, click here.
Click here for Terms and Conditions.Get a quote and apply
WARNING: IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE REPAYMENTS ON YOUR LOAN, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL GO INTO ARREARS. THIS MAY AFFECT YOUR CREDIT RATING, WHICH MAY LIMIT YOUR ABILITY TO ACCESS CREDIT IN THE FUTURE.
THE COST OF YOUR MONTHLY REPAYMENTS MAY INCREASE.
1APR stands for annual Percentage Rate. Rate offered depends on loan amount and may differ from advertised rate. Lending criteria terms and conditions apply. Over 18s only and not suitable for students. Only Bank of Ireland customers can apply online. The repayments on a personal loan of €20,000 over 5 years are €391.92 per month based on a variable rate of 6.8% APR. The total cost of credit is €3,515.20. Variable rates are correct as at 30th June 2020 and are subject to change.
2By deferring your repayments at the start of your agreement you will pay more interest over the loan term than if you started to make repayments from the outset.
315 minutes refers to completed online personal loan applications by Bank of Ireland current account holders.
Work being undertaken must include one of the below to qualify for a Green home improvement loan:
- Renewable Energy Upgrade (e.g. solar panels)
- Attic/Floor/Wall Insulation
- Pipe Insulation
- Sustainable water/heating systems
- Boiler Upgrade
- Installation of energy efficient controls in the home
- Door/Window Replacement
- Deep retrofit (e.g. as part of the SEAI Deep Retrofit grant)