2% Cashback offer
We will give you 2% of your new mortgage back as Cashback if you top up an existing mortgage or buy an investment property, or if you are not a Bank of Ireland current account customer and you buy your first home, move home or switch your mortgage to us.
Features and Benefits
- 2% of your mortgage back as cash;
Here’s what you could get back from Bank of Ireland when you draw down your mortgage.
Our 2% Cashback offer is available to you if:
- You take out an Equity Release to top up an existing mortgage with us;
- You take out a Buy to Let mortgage to buy an investment property;
- You buy your first home, move home or switch your mortgage to us and you are not a Bank of Ireland current account customer;
- And you draw down your new mortgage between 5th September 2016 and 31st December 2021.
The 2% Cashback Mortgage Offer is not available with any other offer – e.g. our Cashback PLUS offer or our First Time Buyer MortgageSaver Bonus. Cashback is not available with the High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate
- Terms and Conditions
- The 2% Cashback Mortgage offer is available to you if:
(i)You use your mortgage loan:
- to buy a home in the Republic of Ireland to live in yourself (as a First Time Buyer or Mover), or
- to switch your mortgage loan to us from another lender (outside the Bank of Ireland Group) by re-mortgaging the house you live in, or
- to top-up a mortgage, or
- to buy a property to let or for investment; AND
(ii) You draw down your new mortgage loan between 5th September 2016 and 31st December 2022.
The 2% Cashback Mortgage Offer is available whether you chose a fixed or variable rate for your mortgage.
2% cashback payment will be 2% of the amount you borrow under your mortgage loan offer letter. The payment will be made into your mortgage-paying current account within 45 days of drawdown of your mortgage.
Cashback is not available with the High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate.
If you draw down your mortgage in stages (e.g. for a self-build):
The first drawdown must be made between 5th September 2016 and 31st December 2022 to qualify for the offer.
In addition, final drawdown must be made within 18 months of first drawdown
The 2% Cashback will be paid within 45 days of the final stage drawdown and will be 2% of the amount you borrow under your initial mortgage loan offer letter(any additional lending is excluded from the calculation, e.g. a top-up mortgage loan).
The 2% Cashback Mortgage offer is not available for any mortgage where you do not borrow as a consumer.
We reserve the right to withdraw the 2% Cashback Mortgage Offer at any time at our discretion, for example, to reflect any changes in law or regulation or how they are interpreted. If we do withdraw the offer before 31st December 2022, we will notify the public of this by putting an advertisement on our website and in at least one national newspaper.