0% interest on purchases for first 6 months1 or 0% interest on balance transfers for first 7 months2
With the Classic Credit Card you get:
- Mobile payments are now available: You can make quick, easy and contactless payments using your phone/ devices. Click here to find out more about Apple Pay and click here for Google Pay.
- No transaction fees: Pay no transaction fees when you use your credit card to pay for goods and services. Cross border handling fees apply to non-Euro transactions.
- Interest free credit: Pay your bill in full and on time every month and don’t pay any interest on purchases. Enjoy up to 56 days interest free credit on what you buy. Interest is charged on cash advances and outstanding balances.
- No annual fee: No annual account fees are applied to your credit card. Credit Card accounts are liable for annual Government Stamp Duty of €30.
- 24 hour approval: Means next working day provided that we are in receipt of all relevant information and documentation. Applications for non Bank of Ireland customers and applications referred to underwriting may take longer.
- Low cost instalment option: Spread the cost of larger purchases at a great low rate by taking advantage of our unique credit card Instalment Plan. Click here for more information.
- Free Additional Cardholders: Add up to 3 additional cardholders and still pay government stamp duty only once. Click here to apply now or download the form here.
- Emergency Cash Service: Should you lose your card while abroad, we’ll cancel your card. If you are abroad we can provide you with an Emergency Cash Advance Facility in most countries (Subject to available credit, fees and charges may apply).
- Paying with Contactless: Contactless is a fast, easy and secure way to pay for items.
- Chargeback Rights: Your online purchases are never safer than when you pay with your Bank of Ireland MasterCard credit card. If something goes wrong, you can relax knowing that you’ll get your money back, whether your parcel gets lost in transit or your purchase is faulty or in the event fraudulent activity.
- Online Service Portal: With Card Care you can get your up-to-the-minute balance and check transactions, at any time, online. You can also order a replacement card, access your PIN, change your address and lots more. Find out more
Lending terms and criteria apply to all credit cards. Representative example of Classic Credit Card purchase at standard interest rate of 16.12% variable. Typical Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 22.1% variable including annual Government Stamp Duty of €30. Assuming purchase of €1,500 repaid in equal installments over a 12 month period. The total amount repayable by customer is €1661.01 which includes initial purchase of €1,500 and a total cost of credit of €161.01. Over 18s only.