- How long will it take for me to receive my new or replacement Debit card?
How much is Government Stamp Duty on a Visa Debit/ATM Card?
Government Stamp Duty (GSD) on Visa Debit and ATM cards is charged retrospectively in January each year for each cash withdrawal made from an ATM / LATM within the Republic of Ireland in the preceding year at a rate of €0.12 per withdrawal capped at a maximum of €2.50 per ATM (cash) card or Visa Debit (combined) card where only the ATM function is used, or €5 per Visa Debit (combined) card where both ATM and "Point of Sale" functions are used.
ATM Card & ATM/Debit Card The Bank will pay any Government stamp Duty for you
In the future the Bank may decide to charge the Government Duty on the Second Level Account, but we will give you notice in advance before doing so.
- Where can I activate my Visa Debit Card?
What is 3D Secure?
3D secure is a fraud prevention system that protects you from unauthorised online use of your Visa Debit card.
When you purchase goods or services online, you may be prompted to enter a one-time passcode (passcode), sent to your mobile phone by text message, to authorise the transaction and confirm that the card is yours.
You have a set amount of time and a number of attempts to enter the passcode correctly. If you do not enter the passcode correctly, you will be unable to complete your online purchase.
The passcode will only be valid for the online purchase you have received it for. When you are shopping online using 3D Secure and we don’t have a mobile number to send you a one-time passcode, you’ll be asked to provide it by calling us on the telephone number provided on-screen. If you would like to update your mobile number now, you can do so by calling 0818 200 370 or 353 1 250 0370
- What is a Debit card?
- What are the benefits of Visa Debit?
- Where can I use Visa Debit?
- What time during the day do incoming credits come into my current account?
- Can the new Second Level Current account be registered on 365?
Will the account holder receive a Visa debit card?
Where the account holder is 14 or older a Visa debit card will be automatically issued to them. Students aged 12 and 13 can apply for a Visa Debit card in branch with their parent / legal guardian present by providing us with their ID and completing an application form.
How will I receive the new account details?
The holder of the account will receive details of their new Second level Current account by post, this will be sent to the address detailed in the application. In addition, we will issue a text message to the holder of the account detailing the new account International Bank Account Number (IBAN) and Bank Identifier Code (BIC).
- How do you close the 2nd Level Current Account?
- How often will a statement be issued on a 2nd Level Current Accounts?
- How can I as Parent/Legal Guardian transfer money into a 2nd Level Account?
- How can the child access their new account?
- What branch will the new account be opened in?