Improving your home’s energy efficiency can make it warmer, reduce your energy bills and may make it more attractive to future buyers or tenants.
There are already grants available to help make the changes you need more affordable when you improve your home’s Building Energy Rating (BER). You can find details on the Sustainable Energy Authority’s website. 1
If you are undertaking work on your home to improve its energy efficiency, you may be able to avail of our Green home improvement loan offering our lowest available variable rate home improvement loan.
- Variable rate of 6.50% APR2
- Amounts from €2,000 – €65,000
- Loan terms from 1 to 7 years
- Flexible repayment options – clear your loan early and pay less interest
- Option to defer first 3 months’ repayments 3
- No need to hold any savings against your loan
- Work being undertaken must include one of the below to qualify for a Green home improvement loan:
- Renewable Energy Upgrade (e.g. solar panels)
- Attic/Floor/Wall Insulation
- Pipe Insulation
- Sustainable water/heating systems
- Boiler Upgrade
- Installation of energy efficient controls in the home
- Door/Window Replacement
- Deep retrofit (e.g. as part of the SEAI Deep Retrofit grant)
- Proof of work being undertaken will be required.
For terms and conditions click here
Call our loans team
Existing and new customers can call us Mon – Fri 8am – 8pm; Sat 10am – 2pm