FAQs – Before You Apply
How can I apply for a loan?
You can apply online, over the phone or in your branch.
If you’re registered on 365 online, you can apply for a personal or car loan by taking the following steps:
- Login to 365 online.
- Click Apply Online on the left hand menu of the Home Page.
- Select Find out More in the personal loan section
- Review the information on this page
- Use the Loan Calculator to help make your decision
- Click Start to begin the step-by step application process
Over the phone
Our lending team is ready to take your call on 0818 200 334.
In your branch
Make an appointment to meet with a dedicated lending adviser in a branch. We will get back to you within 24 hours to arrange a time.
Need help finding your nearest Bank of Ireland branch?
- How long do I have to drawdown a loan?
- When should I expect to hear about my loan application?
How much will the monthly repayments be?
This will depend on:
- The amount of the loan
- The term of the loan
The term of the loan is the agreed time it takes you to repay it. If you were to take out a loan for a certain amount to repay:
Check out our Loan Calculator for an idea of what your payments may be.
Do I need to have savings or a guarantor to take out a loan?
With Bank of Ireland loans you don't need to save with us to borrow from us. As long as you can show that you're able to make the repayments, we'll organise a loan to suit your needs. Parental Indemnity may be needed in some student lending cases. All loans are reviewed on a case by case basis.