If English is not your first language and you need some support, we can help.
About you and your situation
- Do you want a specific Bank of Ireland letter translated into a language of your choice?
- Do you want to speak to someone in your own language to help you with any questions you have about banking?
- Are you wondering whether it’s okay to bring an interpreter to help you when you visit a branch?
- Are you wondering whether it’s okay to use Google Translate, text-to-voice or any other language tool when you visit a branch?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, we can help.
How we can help
We understand that it might be challenging to understand bank documents written in English and you might need some assistance. We have colleagues who speak many languages, we can translate specific Bank of Ireland letters and documents for you, and we are happy for you to use a translator at our branches.
Where to get support
1. Get in touch and let us know whether you are the customer or someone assisting a customer:
2. The person you speak to will contact our Customer Care team:
- We need 5 to 6 days to translate a specific document and we will post it to your home address. We can only translate letters and documents issued by the bank.
- If you visit a branch, our customer care team will try to find a member of staff who speaks your chosen language and will put them on the phone to you in the branch. If someone isn’t available at the time you visit the branch we will reschedule for another suitable time.
3. If we don’t have someone who speaks your language:
- We will make every effort to support you if you want to use your own interpreter, Google Translate, text to voice or any other language tool
- Interpreters will not be able to help you when you set up your online banking PIN, but we will discuss a plan with you beforehand.