High Value Mortgage Fixed Interest Rate – Terms and Conditions
- The High Value mortgage fixed interest rates are a four, five or seven year fixed rate.
- The 2% Cashback and Cashback PLUS offers are NOT AVAILABLE with the High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate.
- The High Value Mortgage fixed interest rates are available to you if you:
- are buying or building a property to live in as your home or are switching your mortgage loan to the Bank of Ireland Group from another mortgage lender outside our Group, AND
- are borrowing €250,000 or more, AND
- draw down your new mortgage loan prior to 31 December 2023.
- The High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate are only available as an initial four, five or seven year fixed rate. It is not available with any other fixed rate option or with any of our variable rates.
- The High Value Mortgage fixed interest rates will apply to the four, five or seven year period that begins on the date the loan is drawn down (or on the date of first drawdown if the drawdown is in stages). Our standard interest rate options will apply at the end of that initial four, five or seven year fixed rate period.
- Full terms and conditions of your mortgage loan will be in your mortgage loan documentation including your Letter of Offer except that it will refer you to the dates for drawdown that we have set out above (so you need to take careful note of them and to bring them to the attention of your solicitor or builder if necessary).
- The High Value Mortgage fixed interest rates are not available to buy, build or up-grade a residential property where you do not intend that that you, your family or your dependents will live in it as your (or their) principle residence, for example, the rate is not available where you intend to rent the property or use it as a holiday home rather than a principle residence.
- If you draw down your mortgage loan in stages (e.g. for a self-build), the first drawdown must be made prior to 31 December 2023 to qualify for the High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate.
- We reserve the right to withdraw the High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate at any time at our discretion. If we withdraw the High Value Mortgage fixed interest rate before 31 December 2023, we will notify the public of this by putting an advertisement on our website and in at least one national newspaper.
The lender is Bank of Ireland Mortgages. Lending criteria and terms and conditions apply. A typical mortgage to buy your home of €100,000 over 20 years with 240 monthly instalments costs €615.79 per month at 4.2% variable (Annual Percentage Rate of Charge (APRC) 4.3%). APRC includes €150 valuation fee and mortgage charge of €175 paid to the Property Registration Authority. The total amount you pay is €148,114.60. We require property and life insurance. You mortgage your home to secure the loan. Maximum loan is generally 3.5 times gross annual income (4 times gross annual income for first time buyers) and 90% of the property value. A 1% interest rate rise would increase monthly repayments by €54.02 per month. The cost of your monthly repayments may increase – if you do not keep up your repayments you may lose your home. Available to over 18s only.
Warning: If you do not keep up your repayments you may lose your home.
Warning: You may have to pay charges if you pay off a fixed–rate loan early.
Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit, a hire- purchase agreement, a consumer-hire agreement or a BNPL agreement in the future.
Bank of Ireland Mortgage Bank u.c. trading as Bank of Ireland Mortgages is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.