Single life, Joint life and Dual life cover explained
- This is cover on one life only. The benefit is paid when this person dies.
- This is cover on two lives
- There is only one payment made under the policy. Typically the payment is made when the first of the two people covered dies although some joint life policies may pay on the second death instead of the first death.
- This cover is on two lives
- If both people die during the term, the payment on death of each life is covered by the policy on death.