About Specified Illness
Specified Illness cover can provide you with a lump sum payment on diagnosis of certain serious illnesses.
- Provides a lump sum on diagnosis of a range of illnesses
- Cover 55 main specified illnesses or 36 partial payment specified illnesses, including Alzheimer’s Disease, cancer & heart attack. Find a full list of illness covered here.
Customers typically use this money to:
- Pay part/all of their mortgage
- Help cover medical expenses
- Pay off outstanding loans
- Supplement their monthly income
You Can’t Predict the future but you can plan for it.
While we all hope and often believe it won’t happen to us, the reality is that people throughout Ireland are affected by unexpected illness and premature death every day.
Each year, the Claims Department sees the serious life changing and personal challenges that our customers have to face, along with the real value of having a relevant protection plan in place.
For a summary of protection claims paid, have a look at our 2020 claim statistics.