WARNING: IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19
New Customers in order to get a quote you will find us by clicking here, or for queries on new or existing policies contact our travel insurance partner AIG Europe S.A. on 1800 303 102.
If you need to make a claim, you can contact AIG Claims Services on (01) 261 1540. Our phone lines are open from 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
To ensure that we are dealing with the most urgent customer queries at this time of high call volumes, only claims submitted within 30 days of intended travel date will be processed at present. If you are due to travel more than 30 days in the future, we would ask that you call back within 30 days of your intended travel date.
COVID-19 Cover Guidelines
Elements of your Travel insurance cover, arranged by Bank of Ireland Insurance Services and underwritten by AIG Europe S.A., will be influenced by the Security Status allocated to individual Countries by the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and it’s important that you check this before booking a trip or travelling to any destination at https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/
- Cover operates provided that the DFA allocates a security status of ‘Avoid non-essential travel’ or ‘Do not travel’ to your intended destination, after you purchased your travel insurance policy and after you booked your trip.
- You will not be covered for cancellation or any other claims arising from the coronavirus outbreak if DFA had already allocated an ‘Avoid non-essential travel’ or ‘Do not travel’ Security Status to your intended destination at the time you booked your trip or took out your insurance.
- You will also not be covered for cancellation if you decide not to travel because the DFA has allocated a security status of ‘Normal precautions’ or ‘High degree of caution’ to your intended destination prior to your date of travel.
- Medical Expenses resulting from the coronavirus will be covered whilst abroad provided that the DFA had allocated a security status of ‘Normal precautions’ or ‘High degree of caution’ to the intended destination prior to booking the trip and prior to departure.
- No cover will apply under this heading if the destination country had a security status of ‘Avoid non-essential travel’ or ‘Do not travel’ prior to a customer travelling.
All claims submitted will be assessed in line with the terms, conditions and exclusions detailed in the policy wording. Please consult with your transport and accommodation provider to see if you are entitled to any refund under their cancellation policy.
Please contact any member of our Customer Service Team on 1800 303 102 for further information.