2.9% interest on balance transfers for first 12 months1
Affinity Programmes available are: Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin, University College Cork, University of Limerick, NUI Galway, NUI Maynooth.
With the Affinity Credit Card you get:
- Supporting your College – We make a donation when you become an affinity cardholder, as well as donating an additional payment to your University’s alumni fund for each year your Affinity card is active. You also receive your college branded credit card.
- No transaction fees: Pay no transaction fees when you use your credit card to pay for goods and services. Cross border handling fees apply to non-Euro transactions.
- No annual fee: No annual account fees are applied to your credit card. Credit Card Accounts are liable to annual Government Stamp Duty of €30.
- 24 hour approval: Means next working day provided that we are in receipt of all relevant information and documentation. Applications for non Bank of Ireland customers and applications referred to underwriting may take longer.
- Low cost instalment option: Spread the cost of larger purchases at a great low rate by taking advantage of our unique credit card Instalment Plan. Click here for more information.
- Emergency Cash Service – Should you lose your card while abroad, we’ll cancel your card. If you are abroad we can provide you with an Emergency Cash Advance Facility in most countries (Subject to available credit, fees and charges may apply).
- Free Additional Cardholders: Add up to 3 additional cardholders and still pay government stamp duty only once. Click here to apply now or download the form here.
- Paying with Contactless: Contactless is a fast, easy and secure way to pay for items. It’s ideal for quick stops at coffee shops, grocery stores and pharmacies at home and abroad. There is no need to put your card into the terminal or enter your PIN, all you have to do is simply hold your credit card against the card reader. When you use contactless, a unique code is generated for your payment – so your actual card details are never shared with the retailer.
- Online Service Portal: With Card Care you can get your up-to-the-minute balance and check transactions, at any time, online. You can also order a replacement card, access your PIN, change your address and lots more. Find out more
It only takes a couple of minutes to complete the online application or call us on 0818 200 412, Monday to Friday, 8am – 8pm or visit your local branch.Apply Online Now
Lending terms and criteria apply to all credit cards. Over 18s only.
1. Available if you don’t currently hold a credit card with Bank of Ireland, whether you have an account with us or not. At the end of the introductory period the annual interest rates revert back to the standard rate applicable to your card.