It’s taking us a little longer than usual to process applications, but we will text you when yours is done.
Features & Benefits
What you get with a Young Savers Account:
- The interest rate that applies to your entire balance is 0.25%. Interest earned is subject to Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT) at the prevailing rate. Click here to view the current interest rates on the Young Savers Account and the conditions of the bonus interest rate.
- Lodge or withdraw in Bank of Ireland branches. Visit boi.com to see which branch is most convenient to you for the service you require.
- You can also lodge money to the account online by setting up a Standing Order to the account or by registering the account as a payee on your online banking.
- Deposit amounts when it suits you or save regularly.
- The account can be opened by a parent or guardian for their child and you can complete your account application online and provide the required documents in any branch or you can apply in any Bank of Ireland branch.
- Interest on your savings four times a year and you’ll also get a statement once a year which tells you exactly what’s in your account.
- Once the child reaches 13 years of age, we’ll upgrade their account to a 2nd level current account. Don’t worry we’ll let them know closer to the time.
Apply online now:Apply Online Now
*Annual equivalent rates (AERs) are quoted based on a 365 day calendar year.
Terms and Conditions apply