Open a MortgageSaver account and we’ll top up your savings by €2,000.*
At Bank of Ireland we understand the challenges facing First Time Buyers in saving to buy a home. We want to help, with a €2,000 Bonus Interest on your savings when you draw down your Bank of Ireland mortgage.
How to qualify for the First Time Buyer MortgageSaver Bonus Interest:
- You must be a First Time Buyer and have a personal current account in the Republic of Ireland.
- Save a minimum of €200, maximum of €2,500 per month for at least 6 consecutive months in a MortgageSaver Account. You must save a minimum of €5,000 in total.
- Draw down a Bank of Ireland First Time Buyer mortgage within 30 months of opening your MortgageSaver account.
- Use the money saved in your MortgageSaver account to help purchase your first home.
- The bonus interest will be a fixed payment of €2,000, once you have €5,000 or more saved in your MortgageSaver account.
Bonus interest will only be paid on one MortgageSaver account on drawdown of the Mortgage.
When do I receive my MortgageSaver Bonus Interest?
- Bonus interest is paid net of DIRT, once your BOI mortgage has drawn down;
- We will contact you to let you know when the Bonus Interest has been paid into your MortgageSaver account;
- Only one MortgageSaver Bonus Interest will be paid per Mortgage drawn down.
First Time Buyers may be entitled to claim a refund of DIRT. For more information see the Revenue.ie website.
Bank of Ireland cannot take responsibility for information on third party websites.
Bank of Ireland, helping you every step of the way to your new home.
Tips to get Mortgage ready
- Mortgage calculators – a great way to understand how much you can borrow and what your repayments might be;
- Ready to buy – the key steps to purchase your first home;
- Get advice – talk to someone who has been through the process so you can learn what to expect. We have qualified mortgage advice available in more than 250 branches nationwide and over the phone on 1890 365 345. And any one of our mortgage advisors will be very happy to talk to you no matter where you are in your planning process – whether you’re hoping to buy shortly or just starting to save.