At Bank of Ireland, we’re with you through your home buying journey, with mortgage solutions designed to suit your needs – from the time you start saving for your deposit, when you’re ready to buy, and throughout the life of your mortgage.
We will give you 2% of your new mortgage back as cash if you top up an existing mortgage or buy an investment property, or if you are not a Bank of Ireland current account customer and you buy your first home, move home or switch your mortgage to us.
- 2% of your mortgage back as cash;
- 2% Cashback is available with our full range of fixed and variable homeowner mortgage rates;
- Our Owner Occupier fixed rates start from 2.9% (from 4.0% APRC) for 1 or 2 years for mortgages up to 80% loan to value.
Our 2% Cashback offer is available to you if:
- You take out an Equity Release to top up an existing mortgage with us;
- You take out a Buy to Let mortgage to buy an investment property;
- You buy your first home, move home or switch your mortgage to us and you are not a Bank of Ireland current account customer;
- And you draw down your new mortgage between 5th September 2016 and 31st December 2019.
Other reasons to choose Bank of Ireland for your Mortgage:
- We have qualified mortgage experts across our network of 250 branches nationwide;
- Our Mobile Mortgage Managers will meet you at a time and place that suits you in the evenings or at weekends;
- You can start your application online in minutes, book an appointment or talk to us via Skype or Facetime;
- We offer a wide range of fixed rate options ranging from 12 months to 10 years. You can even choose a combination of fixed and variable rates – a Twin interest rate – where you fix a portion of your mortgage and put the rest on a variable rate. Ask us about the rate options available to you;
- We offer a range of flexi-options to allow you to tailor your mortgage to your needs.
The lender is Bank of Ireland Mortgages. Lending criteria and terms and conditions apply. A typical mortgage to buy your home of €100,000 over 20 years with 240 monthly instalments costs €615.79 per month at 4.2% variable (Annual Percentage Rate of Charge (APRC) 4.3%). APRC includes €150 valuation fee and mortgage charge of €175 paid to the Property Registration Authority. The total amount you pay is €148,114.60. We require property and life insurance. You mortgage your home to secure the loan. Maximum loan is generally 3.5 times gross annual income and 80% of the property value (90% of the property value up to €220,000 for first time buyers). A 1% interest rate rise would increase monthly repayments by €54.02 per month. The cost of your monthly repayments may increase – if you do not keep up your repayments you may lose your home. At the end of a fixed rate period, existing customers on a fixed rate can choose from our range of fixed rate options or roll to the prevailing Loan to Value Variable rate. Mortgage applicants must be over 18.