0% interest on purchases for first 6 months1
Graduates can avail of the Student Credit Card for 2 years after graduation. Click Here to apply now. To apply for a student credit card, you must:
- Be over 18
- Provide proof you are attending a full time course or are a recent graduate
- Have a student current account or a graduate current account with any bank for at least 6 months.
With the Student Credit Card you get:
- No transaction fees: Pay no transaction fees when you use your credit card to pay for goods and services. Cross border handling fees apply to non-Euro transactions.
- No interest is charged on your Credit Card Account provided you pay your bill in full by the payment due date.
- Up to €1,000 credit limit: Gives you an immediate credit limit of €500 in your first or second year of full time study and up to €1,000 if you’re in third year or above of full time study.
- No annual account fee:2 No hidden fees or charges.
- 24 hour approval: Means next working day provided that we are in receipt of all relevant information and documentation. Applications for non Bank of Ireland customers and applications referred to underwriting may take longer.
- Free travel insurance: Free worldwide multi-trip travel insurance feature.
- Emergency Cash Service: Should you lose your card while abroad, we’ll cancel your card. If you are abroad we can provide you with an Emergency Cash Advance Facility in most countries. (Subject to available credit, fees and charges may apply.)
- Paying with Contactless: Contactless is a fast, easy and secure way to pay for items.
- Choose your own monthly repayment amount (minimum of 2.5% or €5, whichever is the greater).
- Online Service Portal: With Card Care you can get your up-to-the-minute balance and check transactions, at any time, online. You can also order a replacement card, access your PIN, change your address and lots more. Find out more
It only takes a couple of minutes to complete the online application or call us on 0818 200 412, Monday to Friday, 8am – 8pm or visit your local branch.Apply Online Now
Lending terms and criteria apply to all credit cards. Representative example of Student credit card purchase at standard interest rate of 14.54% variable. Typical APR of 20.2% variable including annual Government stamp duty of €30. Assuming purchase of €1,500 repaid in equal instalments over a 12 month period. The total amount repayable by customer is €1,648.14 which includes initial purchase of €1,500 and a total cost of credit of €148.14. Over 18s only.
- Available for new credit card customers. After 6 months from the date of account opening standard interest will apply to purchases the details of which are outlined in the rates section.
- The Government stamp duty of €30 applies