Bank of Ireland offers a wide range of fixed and variable rate products for both new and existing customers.
You can even choose both - a twin interest rate - where you put a percentage of your mortgage on a fixed rate and the rest on a variable rate. Our fixed rate mortgages are available for periods of 1, 2, 3, 5 and 10 years. Click here for our great mortgage rates.
Fixed interest rates
If you choose a fixed interest rate:
- You can choose to fix your mortgage repayments for 1, 2, 3, 5 or 10 year periods.
- Your monthly repayments remain the same for the fixed rate period, making budgeting easier
- You can overpay up to 10% of your repayment each month
- Existing customers can bring their fixed rate with them to a new Bank of Ireland mortgage if they move during the fixed period
- During the fixed rate period, you may be liable for fixed rate breakage fees if you:
- Switch to a variable rate
- Pay off all or part of your mortgage.
Variable interest rates
If you choose a variable interest rate:
- You have the flexibility to make lump sum repayments, increase your repayments or make early repayments
- You can switch to a fixed rate at any time
- Your monthly repayments could rise or fall over the life of your mortgage.