‘Fair Deal’ (the Nursing Home Support Scheme)
If you are applying for ‘Fair Deal’ (the Nursing Home Support Scheme) and need some assistance with the financial assessment, we will give you as much help as possible.
About you and your situation
- Are you applying for Fair Deal and need up-to-date statements for your Bank of Ireland accounts sent to your home address?
- Do you need up-to-date statements for Bank of Ireland accounts, but the customer is no longer at the address we have for them?
- Do you need up-to-date statements for Bank of Ireland accounts, but the customer no longer has decision-making capacity?
- Are you the next of kin, carer, advocate, an attorney or a social worker who is supporting someone with their Fair Deal application?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, we can help.
How we can help
We understand that it can be a stressful time when you or someone you are supporting has to go into a nursing home. We can help by providing accurate financial information when you are filling in the forms to apply for ‘Fair Deal’, the Nursing Home Support Scheme, which helps provide affordable long-term care in nursing homes.
How to get support
1. Get in touch and let us know if you are a customer or someone supporting a customer:
- Customers and family members: please call into a branch or Phone our contact centre on 1800 946 146 and choose option 1
- Social workers, carers and advocates supporting a customer: please use our dedicated email address and include the customer’s account details and a letter of authority from the customer. If the customer does not have decision-making capacity, then please provide us with medical proof so we can act in a duty of care
- Customers who use 365 online will be able to download their most up-to-date statements
2. The person you contact will take your details and let our Customer Care team know:
- For verified customer requests our Customer Care team will order up-to-date statements that can be sent to the address we have on file for the customer, or directly, as an encrypted file, to the Nursing Home Support Scheme
- If you need statements to go to a different address, the customer has to complete a ‘change of address’ request first before the statements can be ordered.
3. Our Customer Care team will send the statements out:
- If the statements are posted to the address we have on file for a customer, they typically arrive within 6-7 working days
- If the statements have to go to a verified, new address, please allow 3-4 extra days for us to complete the change of address.
Find out more
- Take a look at our Fair Deal FAQs.
- Read our guide to Fair Deal (the Nursing Home Support Scheme).
- Fill in our application form, if you want to request a 2nd legal charge in favour of Fair Deal, HSE Nursing Home Support Scheme.
- Visit the HSE website which describes the Fair Deal scheme